Skip to content Skip to footer

Martavis Bryant Makes A Case For An NFL Return

(Photo by Justin Berl/Getty Images)

 

Wide receiver Martavis Bryant believes his NFL playing days are not over despite not suiting up in a league game since 2018.

The former Clemson standout was a fourth-round selection of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the 2014 draft, and he spent three seasons with the team wrapped around his year-long suspension in 2016.

Bryant caught 50 passes in 2015 and 2017 and had 17 touchdown receptions for the Steelers.

He then signed with Oakland and spent one mostly non-productive year at the Bay before being forced to leave the league in 2018.

During his one season with the Raiders, repeated violations of the NFL’s drug policy resulted in an indefinite suspension that only ended when he was cleared to reenter the league last year.

Bryant spent the 2023 season in the XFL and was signed to the Dallas Cowboys practice squad on a future deal before being released in May.

NBC Sports reported that Bryant is gunning for another shot at the NFL and believes he has “a lot of football left.”

Martavis Bryant: I have a lot of football left.

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) July 5, 2024

The receiver said he still loves football and has had much time to reflect and straighten out his life.

Bryant told the outlet that he spoke to Carolina senior assistant Jim Caldwell recently and had a workout with the Commanders in the spring.

So far, this has yet to translate into a camp invitation or solid prospects in the NFL.

Bryant totaled 145 receptions in his four years on the field, along with 2,183 receiving yards and 17 touchdown catches.

It remains to be seen what the NFL market is for a 32-year-old receiver who has been out of the league for six years.

The post Martavis Bryant Makes A Case For An NFL Return appeared first on The Cold Wire.

Leave a comment

0.0/5